Here is Apple Jalebi a sweet dish from Executive Sous Chef Hem Chander at ibis Jaipur
Apple Jalebi Recipe
2 medium apples
200 gm cup refined flour
250 gm sugar
Ghee for deep-frying
1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
1 tsp rose water
Sliced pistachios for garnishing (optional). We used roasted Pine nuts in the video.
Core the apples and cut them into thin slices.
Combine the flour, cardamom powder and sugar in a bowl add water and mix well to make a thick batter. Keep overnight in warm place for fermentation
- Combine sugar and water in a deep kadhai and boil. Mix and boil for about 10 minutes or till the sugar dissolves completely and syrup gets thick.
- Add rose water to sugar syrup and mix well.
- Cook further till done.
- Heat sufficient ghee in a kadahi.
- Dip apple slices in the batter and deep-fry in ghee till golden.
- Transfer apple jalebis in the sugar syrup and soak them for a minute.
Transfer some apple jalebis on a serving dish.Top it with a scoop of home made rabri Or ice cream, follow with another apple jalebi, garnish with pistachios and serve.
Why I Chose To Stay At ibis Jaipur
Recipe: Gulab Jamun Ki Sabzi